For our November Craft & Wine Night, attendees "upcycled" used wine corks to make these adorable cork reindeer. Because the class sold out, we're shaing the instructions along with a couple of pics. If you've questions regarding this project, give Eddie a call in the tasting room at 805-585-2238.
Wine, wine glass and opener
3 wine corks
Pipe cleaners, brown (antlers)
Hot glue gun & glue sticks
Small red pom pom (nose)
Large brown pipe cleaner (tail)
Warning! The glue and tip of the glue gun are EXTREMELY hot! It burns like the dickens! The glue cools quickly, so once applied hold pieces to gether for 5 seconds and they should be bonded.
1. Take a deep breath, sip some wine and feel the stress leave your body
2. Cut corks
a. Cut 1 wine cork in half (will be legs)
b. Cut a small notch in a different wine cork (will be body and notch is where 3rd cork / head is glued)
3. Hot glue body to legs (notch up) and then head to body (head into notch)
4. Take a sip of wine
5. Cut brown pipe cleaner in half. Each pipe cleaner makes 2 antlers
a. Fold each half in half; add kinks as desired
6. Take a sip of wine
7. Cut small snippet off off Lg pipe cleaner (tail). We used a "Giant Chenille Pipe Cleaner" from the craft store for the tails.
8. Hot glue tail to body
9. Hot glue googly eyes and nose
HINT: place 2 small dabs of hot glue to where you think the eyes, then place eyes atop glue
10. Take a sip of wine
11. Attach eye screw to back and run ribbon through it
12. Run ribbon or string through bell and tie around reindeer’s neck
13. Hot glue antlers
14. Take a sip of wine and pour another glass
15. To make this a Christmas tree ornament, screw an eye-screw to the back and run ribbon through it
Here is a picture from class. Here we used some ribbon to make a scarf and hot glued a bell to it!
Get crafty and have fun!